Look at architecture, art, fashion, and design in general. As I analyze these modes for creativity, I notice that the geometry and the mathematics underlying the art varies with culture and society. In the beginning, when only tribal nations walked the earth there were no cities or pre-existing, man-made designs that could have influenced certain types of architecture or art. Maybe later on in history such a possibility may have existed, but originally the geometry of nature inspired prehistoric artists. For example take a look at African art and the symbols of nature and recursive patterns that emanate from the pottery and textiles. Cave art, vestments, and ancient art all resembled and even mirrored the geometry of nature. In western culture, rectangularity dominates architecture and most design for goo mathematical and hence societal reasons - the need to pack more units into an individual area. Fundamentally, each culture and society has some dominate shape for a specific reason. These shapes may not be exact but there does exist a difference between rectangularity and circularity, linearity and patterns. All this geometry that dominates the world around a society has some effect on its perception. The linearity and rectangularity
or western and modernized cultures mirrors the linear perspectives and outlook on western history and religion. On the other hand, the recursive patterns and fractal geometry typically evident in more traditional cultures influences the circularity and repetitive aspects of eastern or African philosophy and reincarnation religion.
Discussion of the achievements:
I found three great academic sources that outline the basis of my research. I summarized all the sources in my paper and yet have to add the rhetorical analysis. The three sources cover my inquiry on fractal geometry in nature, African art and architecture, and the predominating rectangular characteristic of western architecture. Whether walking to a friends house, visiting the city, or journeying through some remote area of the world, architecture seems to be the most noticeable visual representation of perception and world outlook in a specific region of the world.
Discussion of problems:
My topic is not that specific and may academics have not taken up the inquiry that I am evolving. I must look to multiple field of study to assess geometry and its effects on human perception. I must look to mathematics, architecture, psychology, anthropology, and history. Sometimes I struggles finding legitimate sources, lest luckily the majority are academic so I don;t have to worry about trivial rhetorical analysis that deals solely with logical fallacies made by writers of popular publishing.
Discussion of the work that lies a head:
I must find coherent sources from all the needed fields that support or disprove my premise. I must summarize these sources and analyze their rhetoric.
No comments:
Post a Comment